Thursday, September 3, 2009

Success story

I am very pleased to report a success story. A former co-worker was employed but I did not know she was seriously underemployed. She sent me her resume and let me know she needed something at a higher skill level. About two weeks later I saw an opening in the RUMCdigest for an accounting person and I forwarded the opening to her. The recruiter's name was listed so I contacted him through LinkedIn(and he is now a member of my network :) ) to let him know an excellent candidate would be applying for his job and gave her name.


She applied the same day and he interviewed her within 48 hours. After two interviews she got the job and is now in Jacksonville for training and they have taken her to a Jaguars game as a "welcome aboard" outing. She is back working at the skill level where she should be. Her income has increased significantly and it was all due to networking! The employer has a terrific employee and did not have to screen through 100 candidates.

I can't say it enough...network...network...network. I love watching God at work and happy to be an instrument of his love!

2 comments:

mbowling said...

Elizabeth that was a very encouraging blog on networking. I've been the "middle man" in a few employment outcomes but can't seem to find the right one for me. I really valued your help and assistance while working with you at JWH. I'm not sure how involved you are in the construction industry now but if you have any leads, I would love to have a fairy godmother looking out for me.

Elizabeth Coggins said...

I am not at all involved in the construction industry but would be happy to help if I can. Email me at elizabeth.coggins@yahoo.com and let's see what our networks can produce!