Friday, November 9, 2007

Coping with Unemployment

I am creating this blog in the hope that we, as a community of former John Wieland Company Members, can help support one another through the challenges of unemployment.

My vision for this site is a positive, future focused vision that does not dwell on the past or on bashing any person, place or thing. I believe we are best served with looking forward and sharing information. Topics that come to mind right away are:
1. Contacting your mortgage company or landlord right away to work out arrangements that allow you to stay solvent until you obtain employment.
2. Contacting other creditors to work out payment arrangements
3. Sharing Job Search resources around the metro area
4. Sharing counseling and other support resources
5. Addressing other needs as they may become necessary

I have spoken with other former company members and some current company members who have agreed to assist with this blog. This is truly a community effort and if each one, helps one you may be amazed at the results! To quote Zig Ziglar "“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want”.

I am meeting with an outplacement firm next week and they have agreed to provide me with a menu of items they offer to people on an individual basis. Their services can be pricey ranging from $1400 to $40,000. They have also referred me to some lower cost options. Simply posting the information does not meant that I recommend them simply that I am aware of them. If you use one of the sources please share your experience with the rest of us.

The more information we each contribute the more benefit we all receive. You are a group of terrific people and I have enjoyed working with every one of you!! I look forward to hearing from you on the blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, thanks for doing this.

TracyLee said...

I'm IN! Thank you very much Elizabeth. This will work out great! TRACY LEE-YATES

leeyates2003@yahoo.com